Monday, May 18, 2009

Mint Green Tea



I think we have all read that green tea is good for us. However, green tea has a very light flavor that not everyone likes straight, me included. I like to flavor my green tea so that it has a bigger more robust flavor that I prefer. If consuming four cups of green tea per day is associated with a reduction in all forms of cancer, I am going to drink my green tea. Since I don’t love it straight, I continue to develop new flavors of green tea so I that I can enjoy this healthy beverage.

This recipe for green tea is flavored with mint and a little agave to mellow the tannins from the tea.

Mint Green Tea
Makes one large, or two regular mugs of tea

Ingredients:

18 ounces of boiling water
3 green tea bags
¼ cup of fresh mint, crushed
1 teaspoon of agave

Directions:

Cover tea bags and mint with hot water and allow the tea to steep for at least 10 minutes to get all the benefits out of the tea. Add the agave when you remove the tea bags and mint.

Be certain to drink the tea within two hours of brewing so that you don’t miss out on any of the health benefits of the tea.

Comments:

The mint flavor in this tea is very dominant. The color of the tea is darker than normal green tea because of the mint, and the extra tea bag. I find that I like green tea better when it has a stronger flavor. This tea is not sweet; the agave is included to take the tannic edge off the beverage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails