Sunday, August 9, 2009

Agave Mustard Salad Dressing


(pictured: green salad with a little agave mustard dressing and stuffed tomato)

We have been eating a lot of salads with vinaigrette lately so I wanted to make something a little different tonight for the salad. My husband particularly enjoyed this salad, which is strange since he isn’t a fan of mustard. I think there was just enough agave to take down the sharpness of the Dijon he doesn’t enjoy. This dressing is thick and rich as you would expect from the traditional version. In fact, this dressing turned out much more like the original than I expected. If you like honey mustard dressing you should give this one a try.

Agave Mustard Salad Dressing
Serves 4

Ingredients:

1 ½ tablespoons of amber agave
1 ½ tablespoons of Dijon mustard
1 ½ tablespoons of reduced fat almond mayonnaise
1/8 teaspoon of garlic powder

Directions:

Whisk to combine. This is enough dressing to generously cover 8 - 10 cups of salad.

Nutritional Information:

Amount Per Serving
Calories - 26.11
Calories From Fat (63%) - 16.4

Total Fat - 1.88g
Saturated Fat - 0.13g
Cholesterol - 0mg
Sodium - 86.35mg
Potassium - 22.33mg
Total Carbohydrates - 2.07g
Fiber - 0.7g
Sugar - 0.36g
Protein - 0.43g

Comments:

This dressing exceeded my expectations. I haven’t made honey mustard dressing in some time and this really hit the spot tonight. My husband, who doesn’t love mustard, thought this dressing was really good and “not very mustardy” as he put it.

I love the nutritionals on this recipe. Any dressing that it this low in total calories is okay in my book. The fat percentage is high, since the overall numbers are so small I wasn’t overly concerned.

If you are a fan of honey mustard dressing this version with agave is a really good substitute.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails