Monday, September 7, 2009

EPA Increases Tolerable Limit for Pesticide Residue on Food


(pictured: fruit salad with soon to be increased tolerable levels of pesticide residue)

The government, in its infinite wisdom, has decided that we can tolerate higher levels of pesticide residue on our citrus, dried peas, pomegranates and citrus oil. Thanks Washington I didn’t think I had enough toxins in my system.

Seriously, I am not a scientist but increasing the limits on allowed chemical by-products in our food doesn’t sound like a good idea to me. This is yet another reason that I am going to continue to buy organic food whenever I can. If you can’t find organic citrus be certain to scrub it thoroughly before you peel it to avoid getting any unnecessary toxins in your food, and avoid the zest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails